Last updated: October 10, 2004
What Personal Information About Customers Does WDFA.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at WDFA.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, such as return Customer discounts and Holiday Offers. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, storing your Order History to make re-ordering, and refill shopping easier, customizing future shopping for you, improving our online stores, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses WDFA.com. This is simple information that any web host records automatically, such as your borwser type, who refered you (search engine, affiliate, web site, etc.) A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at WDFA.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
* E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from WDFA.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We do not compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, do not share our lists with other companies If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust Your Account preferences by clicking on the Your Account button at the top of any page.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such Order History, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of WDFA.com's more advanced features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does WDFA.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries. WDFA.com. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In many cases, you , the Customer, have come to WDFA.com through an Affiliate website or link. These businesses operate by selling offerings to you at WDFA.com. In other cases, we operate online stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
* Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of WDFA.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Personal Information.
* Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that WDFA.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* Protection of WDFA.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of WDFA.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to logout when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
WDFA.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with WDFA.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves. You can adjust Your Account preferences by clicking on the Your Account button at the top of any page.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such WDFA.com features as Customer Return Discounts. * You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Personal Information. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of WDFA.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
WDFA.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use WDFA.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit WDFA.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at WDFA.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through WDFA.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; request a quote; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of Ship to Recipients; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our providers; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at WDFA.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and Your Account); payment settings; e-mail notification settings; recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Sugegsted Items)
Still have questions? Search help or contact us.